SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seal n00b :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredder

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, I got Seal to compile
I had to move cc1plus.exe from some odd directory it was in to djgpp/bin, and then I had to move one .h file for Allegro into djgpp/include but after that I didn't get any serious errors anymore, and it finally finished. When I ran it, though, there was no desktop :/ Oh well at least I can compile Seal apps now.

I installed Bad desktop, it's pretty good. The norm seal desktop should more like it, i think.

Owen, what download/upload speeds to you usually get on your connection?
Shredder

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question: What's the differences between Seal 1.x and 2.x?

I'm trying to figure out how to make Seal apps but all that's available (without having time to read through the existing code, which I'll do this weekend sometime if I really need to) is the 1.x programming guide (under documentation).

The examples in there don't compile right.. something about object and desktop and first use in function and such (I'd copy and paste it but I'm at school, not home).

thanks

Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are using SEAL 2.00.11, simply go to your SEAL directory (eg, C:SEAL2), ensure DJGPP is in the path before any other compilers, and type "make" - this will build everything needed - the kernel, building tools, XDLs, S2As and so on.

I usually get a connection speed of around 31.2kbps, but recently when I was having problems it was as low as about 14.4kbps.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-05-03 10:22, Shredder wrote:
I have a question: What's the differences between Seal 1.x and 2.x?

There are a LOT of differences, too many to list here.

Quote:

The examples in there don't compile right.. something about object and desktop and first use in function and such (I'd copy and paste it but I'm at school, not home).

Did you include the appropriate header files, such as SEAL.H and APP.H? There are various other header files - if you want to use a button, for example, #include .

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seal 2.x is based on the code of Seal 1.x. Seal 2.x is far more complete then Seal 1. Like more apps, also other features in codes and so on. Clear enough?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shredder

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owen, that's exactly what I did. But there was no desktop when I started it up. Not a problem though, since I'm not using the one that I compiled, I'm using the one I installed a long time ago. The good thing is, though, that I have the dlxgen and other usful things that you need to make Seal apps. And, thanks to the magic of open source, I figured out what was wrong with the code that I got from the guide, and the code compiled perfectly. I have successfuly made a common window, that does nothing at all! Good. Now I can see about making things of relevance.

You guys are friendly and helpful. Thanks! ^_^

Any of you have AIM? (I don't have MSN, and don't want it (stupid microsoft... i've had some problems with MSN in the past.. but that's a story best saved for another time..) and I don't have ICQ, but i'm downloading it. Ever on IRC?

Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.
JGX22

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What server you use on IRC? I like Dalnet, you can find me by the same name here in #mp3, #mp3z, #dotget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Trillian, which means I have AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, and IRC.....

See my profile for more details.

[url=mailto:18238073@pager.icq.com]Msg@Home[/url]
[url=mailto:154644152@pager.icq.com]Msg@Work[/url]
biggyp

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the #Seal room on chat.planetz.net i seem to recall

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on MSN, ICQ, AIM and ICQ - see the buttons below this message.

Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is mining our forum for E-Mail addresses. This is the only place I have my ICQ Pager address available to the public, and I'm starting to get spam at it. So just a fair warning for those who post their Email addresses in messages.

[url=mailto:18238073@pager.icq.com]Msg@Home[/url]
[url=mailto:154644152@pager.icq.com]Msg@Work[/url]
biggyp

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos, i used to get spam to my ICQ pager all the time, and no one knew my ICQ number, with a number based system it's easier to spam as every number has the potential to be a valid account.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadSector
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer MSN from all others because it saves the contacts to MS servers so i can use it from wherever i want (i know that almost all today's instant messaging programing does that, but MSN does it from it's start and when i decided to use it, no other messaging system was doing that...), it has small size (compared to others), it can do anything i want from a messaging system AND except all those, since my "official" e-mail address is michalopoylos@hotmail.com i get notified when i have new e-mails

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone's reluctant to run Microsoft's MSN Client you can always use CCMSN on Windows and Linux (win32 WiSH interpreter sucks) or any of the many other clients such as CenterICQ GTKMSN or Trillian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: