SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uhhhh. the screen dom`t work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERZILLI86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: uhhhh. the screen dom`t work Reply with quote

I installed SEAL (from XP) and i`ll double click on it and it will start. I will then see little boxes change color and dissapear, into a blue backround. the problem is- all of that suff happeninng is in a tiny little rectange at the top of my monitor. It doesn`t seem to display correctly. any help. i`m using my onboard SIS 630 Video card.
lukas139

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seal doesnt work with WINXP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does, for some people (eg, me). But it is quite likely it will not work entirely, or at all.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, something like taht :ph34r:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukas139 wrote:
Yeah, something like taht :ph34r:

how ver :1337: of you...

sometimes it can work with XP, but sounds modules may need to be disabled and it can help to switch the resolution down to 640x480x8

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MystifyingShadows

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: uhhhh. the screen dom`t work Reply with quote

Here's something you can try in Windows XP that might help you.

1. go to windows explorer and go to the seal installed version folder.
2. right click on the seal executable file and go to the properties options.
3. in the 2nd or 3rd tab you should see a "compatibility mode" selection box. select to execute this file using the Windows 95 compatibility mode.
4. Try to execute Seal again.

This isn't a 100% fullproff solution. But it just might help simply because of the difference in relative screencoordinates and sizes that exists between windows XP and Windows 95.

Hope this helps

"To Err is human, to really screw up, you need Windows!"
biggyp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely that shouldn't make any difference, thats for windows apps, SEAL is a DOS app and NTVDM isn't terribly configurable.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MystifyingShadows

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggyp wrote:
surely that shouldn't make any difference, thats for windows apps, SEAL is a DOS app and NTVDM isn't terribly configurable.

Actually, the reason I mentionned isn't the only reason....but it made the difference on my system....you see it doesn't matter per say that the exe is windows 95 or DOS....however windows 95 does indeed handle dos applications very differently than XP does. setting this compatibility flag should result in the dos EXE being handled as windows 95 would do it.

"To Err is human, to really screw up, you need Windows!"
biggyp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, windows 95 does handle them very differently, it uses a good clean DOS virtual machine, rather than emulating it like NTVDM does, does setting win95 compatibility mode on you machine make SEAL2 work in winXP, because it doesn't on mine.

it will not handle it the way win95 handles it, winNT handles DOS apps badly, there'd be no point in having good emulation only enabled for win95 mode apps.

Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: