SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 year left ... and still nothing ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julien

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: 1 year left ... and still nothing ? Reply with quote

I made Seal 2.00.10 in 4 months.... In 12 months still at 2.00.11 ?
I was maybe more fast... Who knows ?
What did you done in a such long long time ?
JGX22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were working on Seal3. I guess it needed to be re-written as they were gonna use C++ for it. Now that Owen has stepped down and xduffy is the new maintainer, seal2 is starting back up again... bout time I say.
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julien..

I belive you are saying this only to make ppl angry.

Well, if you really want to know?
Seals source is a mess in a lot of ways, it not something you easily take on and develop any further...
I'll tell you one thing, the person who left Seal with it's badly spelled api and messy code, was who?
Yes, it's not nice of me to say this, but I just want us all to leave all the arguing behind (another thing that has stopped Seals development) and go on...

And yes, a lot of time has gone to develop Seal 3 in C++, though it was mostly one person doing it while the rest of the community was looking on... And I (personally) think it was a mistake to launch Seal 3 as a rewrite, it is much better to clean the current codebase and try to make something understandable of it

Sorry for the flames, but please, don't come back if you're not coming in peace.

Good Night Everybody, and please be more gentle than I've been...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... if i remember right, i was told by callum you and him were making a new gui... that was what... couple years ago.. or around abouts, dont act like a jackass...

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 year left ... and still nothing ? Reply with quote

julien wrote:
I made Seal 2.00.10 in 4 months.... In 12 months still at 2.00.11 ?

Just to be picky: the last version released by you was Lambda (2.00.09). I released 2.00.10 in April 2002. I know there hasn't been a lot of visible progress since then, but Seal 3.0 came from being an idea to some code (albeit basic compared with 2.x).

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: