SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Some changes Reply with quote

Okay, first thing. I've posted to SF's Project Help Wanted for more programmers. I'll do my best to get everyone introduced into the community and get people working on some of the new code. Hopefully we can get the graphics sped up, some networking support, and the whole thing stabilized. I'm also going to try to find someone who can clean up the code a bit to make it easier to compile, hopefully under gcc 3.3 if possible.

Second, I'm looking at ways to streamline the whole project. As I see it, there are three main resources for SEAL on the web: the homepage, the SF page, and the forum. I'm going to try to make them a little more tightly integrated so that going back and forth between them is not so much of a hassle, and so that we can maximize the effectiveness of each. I may even make a few cosmetic changes to tie the whole look together. It's very important to look organized so that new users and developers can get the information they need in a professional-looking environment.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or anything else to add, please reply with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Some changes Reply with quote

oyama26 wrote:
Second, I'm looking at ways to streamline the whole project. As I see it, there are three main resources for SEAL on the web: the homepage, the SF page, and the forum. I'm going to try to make them a little more tightly integrated so that going back and forth between them is not so much of a hassle, and so that we can maximize the effectiveness of each. I may even make a few cosmetic changes to tie the whole look together. It's very important to look organized so that new users and developers can get the information they need in a professional-looking environment.

At some point I'll make some technical changes to the home page to tie it in more with the forum user system (instead of having a bit of a hack involving a password which at least two people have already discovered), and to make the pages maintainable from the web site itself by the administrators, not by having to upload new include files and so on.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fine, Owen. If that's something you're looking into right now, that works for me. I just hadn't seen it addressed anywhere. If you would like me to help with anything, just let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more then willing to re-do the front page..

just add me to sourceforge. my new user is digibliss

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you have in mind? Can you just try out a design somewhere and let me see it first?

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... I will start on one, and I will get it uploaded sometime soon.. i am a little swamped with moving right now..

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: