SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is SEAL dead....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan, I just have to ask you: Did Dos die while you were away from Seal? Were anything in the Dos community that said that to you???

I mean, it's not like there have been any big breakthroughs the last years or so...

Oh, and Dos is not just a memory or an os running on obselete systems... unless you call the whole ia32 architecture obselete...

The only thing that have happend, is that you realized that neither Dos or Seal would be the systems you've dreamed of... But that doesn't really change anything for anyone anyway...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say the ia32 architecture is obsolete... no.. i said the systems were.. that is the whole thing.. come on.. most hardware is now usb.. DOS is so old that usb is useless..

Face it, the only people who use DOS now are people who can't or won't learn new software.. and no... I do not have any dreams for SEAL... it is a lost call..

What use is there in developing a program that has NO practical use in the world except for those who refuse to face the fact that DOS itself is too old to be worth anything anymore. I don't see the point.. or the need for SEAL anymore.

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamryan2002 wrote:
Face it, the only people who use DOS now are people who can't or won't learn new software..

That's not true... I am a Unix and Linux admin and I use Dos because I think it's fun, I haven't belived that Dos would be anything great again, like it was. But what I tried to say is that it seems that you thought that when you were active in the community, and that is what I think is your problem. Not ours. We are not stupid or left behind as you think. Come on little boy, think! Did you think we were here because we had naive dreams like you?

Sorry if I sound very harsh, it's just that you seem to think that you did a big discovery that we didn't or even don't have any clue about yet. That's what makes me angry. I am here for fun, I don't think Seal will take over the desktop world... What use Seal can make is mostly for older computers, and there are a lot of them out there...

Iamryan2002 wrote:

What use is there in developing a program that has NO practical use in the world except for those who refuse to face the fact that DOS itself is too old to be worth anything anymore. I don't see the point.. or the need for SEAL anymore.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong, Seal is useful for people with older computers and it is useful for me and others who want do dive more into programming... So please stop post this kind of nonsense...

And good luck in the future!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xduffy.. if you have old computers that still work.. good for you.. lol...

I am not here to start flames.. or cause problems.. I am basically saying that SEAL has no use to it... all it does is make DOS a boom box.. lol.. sorry to sound negative, but SFA is the best part of the whole thing.. the source is a mess.. and there is no longer a development force behind SEAL... this looks too bleak.. SEAL has never been this dead since i started what.. a year or so ago...

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was merely trying to point out how wrong you are when you are telling us the most obvious as if we didn't know... that's all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: