SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please make your site more secure

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Please make your site more secure Reply with quote

This site is very insecure.I have done NO damage to any of the content on this site, however it would not have been difficult.
ucosty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... now i'm not an admin but judging by your post count that is in no way legit.

So...

admins?
poundsmack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is jsut some kid trying to get attention i am half temped to hack him right back.....not to do anyhitng mean but replace the backround of his computer wil a large message saying "MAKE YOUR COMPUTER MORE SECURE!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be supposing that I do my work from my home computer, and I'm not that stupid.
biggyp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now now children, stop bickering, how do you intend to "hack him right back" poundsmack? how childish does that sound, where are you going to obtain his IP, and what makes you think you'll be able to do anything once you've got it.

.o0o.: thanks for pointing it out, but we've known about this for, well, just about forever(i take it you're a sourceforge user), i'm not going to deal with it because i'm not an admin member of the project(if somehting goes wrong i'll get in trouble ), but it's nothing major. i'll have to get owen to make me an admin, i may as well be as there aren't many people left around here.

as for the user creation thing, i can't upgrade the forums, so can't help there either.

so yeah, it's insecure, but for the most part i guess we rely on users to not f*** things up.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poundsmack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a network administrator among other things hehe i can figure it out eventualy.....mabey hehe either way i was kidding i don't really care one way or another.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what? from his posts on a forum you don't happen to be an admin on? i doubt it very much...

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably should have paid more attention to security when creating the site... it was rather a rushed job, and I've just never found the time/enthusiasm/whatever to get around to fixing it.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: