SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: Are you joking?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukas139

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you joking? Reply with quote

Just one thing. Information wants to be free.

I see no reason in locking the thread, only to show the power you have to do so. Think about yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukas, it was in no way a helpful thread to have open, think about it, the thread's been locked, the information IS still free, the discussion has been ended.

by posting the paren't to this reply you made your complaint redundant by reopening discussion.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, thats freedom of speech, Phil. And yes, I want to talk about it, so its better when the discussion is open.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
^_Daniel_^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Yea I am over that post anyway... Reply with quote

1.) I guess it is ok my thread was locked...

2.) Aren't forums meant to be archiived and destined as future reference?

3.) Maybe someone was feeling the same way I was and seeing that post would be put at ease. One of the replies was very civil and reasonably stated.. Keep locking the bitching threads and others will just have to create new bitching threads becuase they were not able to read the replies to the bitching thread that you locked, simply becuase it was a bitching thread...

4.) What is this? Communist China? Hello, anyone that registers to this forum has the right to say whatever they damne well please and expect it to be there to be read, within obvious reason.

5.) The thread was not inflamatory was it? It was confronting an image caused by the forums - A dangerous image for a community that relies on all members working together. I braught it up, all be it violently and arrogantly and it was replied to and solved. You stopped that effect by locking it.

Ok, screw #1. That, if any post should not have been deleted.
Great Modding..
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Yea I am over that post anyway... Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, thats freedom of speech, Phil. And yes, I want to talk about it, so its better when the discussion is open.

Lukas, you must remember that responsible use of free speech is as important as having the freedom in the first place, flamebaiting and trolling are decidedly unhelpful activities which should be discouraged.

^_Daniel_^ wrote:
1.) I guess it is ok my thread was locked...

2.) Aren't forums meant to be archiived and destined as future reference?

and it is, your posts will not be removed, the thread has been locked to prevent continuation of a pointless discussion, oh, and it means that users are unable to edit or remove their previous posts, so this is on your permanent record.

Quote:

3.) Maybe someone was feeling the same way I was and seeing that post would be put at ease. One of the replies was very civil and reasonably stated.. Keep locking the bitching threads and others will just have to create new bitching threads becuase they were not able to read the replies to the bitching thread that you locked, simply becuase it was a bitching thread...

fine, let it happen, doesn't matter really, if it's so important that dozens of threads spring up to try and discuss the point then this place isn't worth hanging around anyway.

Quote:

4.) What is this? Communist China? Hello, anyone that registers to this forum has the right to say whatever they damne well please and expect it to be there to be read, within obvious reason.

and who's arguing with that? you have the right to say what you like and have, what's more, it's still there, anyone can read it.

Quote:

5.) The thread was not inflamatory was it? It was confronting an image caused by the forums - A dangerous image for a community that relies on all members working together. I braught it up, all be it violently and arrogantly and it was replied to and solved. You stopped that effect by locking it.

but it's a redundant point, the community is so different from the old state that i don't expect the same kind of problems we had before, but then you turn up and sound just like some members we'd rather forget(and partly will because they've erased themselves from the forums, self-moderation if you will), i didn't lock the thread, i called for a moderator to lock it, important difference.

Quote:

Ok, screw #1. That, if any post should not have been deleted.
Great Modding..

i think you need to brush up on your english, that doesn't make any sense.

so, to recap, forum moderation is a necessary evil, sure, you have freedom of speech, but try not to abuse it, and try to contribute something useful rather than just stirring up trouble, i haven't seen you make any useful contributions yet, in conversation or otherwise, to this project, i hope that will change in time.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm interested to see what happened to bad sector's work, i think that's the most important thing for this "community" to think about at the moment.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crashfourit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we need to USE, not abuse our freedoms.
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw you guys

I think everybody has the right to say what he thinks, wherever it is good or bad. And everybody else is free to follow up on it.
biggyp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, sure lukas, doubt you'd like it if people were giving your new GUI an industrial flaming on your own forum(mypothetically speaking, AFAIK you don't have one) though

Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: