SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site/project administration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadSector
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Site/project administration Reply with quote

I'm doing some 'administration' on the project and the site (at sf.net).

The changes are:
1. Forums were removed. Nobody uses them (and this is good to avoid confusion).
2. All mailing lists were removed, except the general (where i subscribed - i hope).
3. Project information and trove categorization got synced with current state.
4. The following new added:

"First of all, i (Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos) am the new maintainer of SEAL.
Secondly, SEAL is transforming to XSeal, which will be written almost from the scratch, based on my other software (available on sourceforge), The Force.
This puts the state of the project back to "Pre-Alpha".
This major rewrite is a must, since SEAL 2.0 failed to be the major rewrite of SEAL 1.0 and followed the same architecture and design, while focusing on eye candy instead of the underlying system. Anyway, XSeal will be focused to good performance, preemptive multitasking (SEAL 1/2 used cooperative event-based multitasking). Also, unlike SEAL 1/2, XSeal will provide only a very basic window-based interface. Programmers should use this very basic interface to program low level programs (such as games) or a toolkit to program more sophisticated material. I'm planning to port GTK+ to XSeal, but this is only a plan and i don't know how possible this is.

The discussion about the abone new should be done in the Forums section on the XSeal Home Page."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadSector
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that needs to be done is make a new site.

I'll work on that when i have more time. Currently there is no need for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: