SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is SEAL still being developed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlsuess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Is SEAL still being developed? Reply with quote

Hi!

I was just wondering, is SEAL still being developed. I know there were a lot of administration changes, and the original author, Michal Stencl, isn't working on SEAL anymore. I haven't seen a new version since 2002.

It's sad, because SEAL seemed to out-perform most GUIs running in DOS. It especially extended the functionality of Allegro!

Would someone please give me feedback about SEAL?

Thanks.

Regards,
Todd Suess
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAL isn't really being developed any more. The source code is available to all, so if anyone wants to try to develop it further, they may, as long as they publish their results under the terms of the GPL.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ntsw01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to think of ways I could help out a few months ago but I didn't know C++ well enough to do anything to help, now I'm much better at it but I'm only just starting to learn how to use Allegro. I'm out of the loop as just another ordinary person but it seems people were spending more time planning then actually coding anything in SEAL 3 and it seems from what I've seen in the message boards that the developers just couldn't agree on a programming language or toolkit to use.

I'm glad the door is still open for Seal development, once I learn how to use Allegro I may decide to tinker with it and when I finish school I'd like to make more time to play around with some interesting OSS apps like this one.

In case anyone is wondering where I've been, I went on to volunteer for Ark Linux and now I package software and modify some KDE/Qt apps for use with the distribution. I'm still a fresh volunteer so I don't have much with my name on it yet but I'm contributing whenever I find the time and with holidays comming up I hope to find more time to help them out.

Take care folks, I'm sad to see that SEAL is no longer being developed but I can always hope someone will come along and bring the project back to life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: