SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OTTD For Seal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andersen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: OTTD For Seal? Reply with quote

Heres an idea to spark Seal development, why not port OTTD to Seal somehow. Think of it, you could have multiple games going at once and listen to MP3s all in one sleek dos based package.
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a developer of OpenTTD and indeed the person to get it released by ludde...

I did port OpenTTD to Allegro and DJGPP many months ago. It wasn't a perfect port, but it did work, to a point. Getting it to work under SEAL though would be a bit tricky (I did think about that) due to various reasons, mainly due to it using 256 colours - having it windowed under SEAL would require all sorts of colour conversion and other stuff. Also, various other things (eg, keyboard and mouse-related) would have to be altered in the appropriate driver layer, and the whole thing would probably be a bit unstable. Due to my general lack of a suitable development environment for SEAL these days, it's probably not going to happen I'm afraid. Nice thought, anyway, I did consider it a year or so ago, but as I say, never really had the energy to carry it out. The same goes in general for the DOS version, although I may resurrect that some day just for fun. We'll see.

Keep an eye out on the OpenTTD web site or The Transport Tycoon Forums for any more potential news.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: