SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy thanksgiving!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eyec0n

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Happy thanksgiving!!!! Reply with quote

I think its time we did a major re-launch. I used to be an active member of the community in 2001-2004 under the name Anti-Fence untill Seal development essentially took a dump. Point is, interest was never big for our little product but that doesn't mean it wasn't exsistant. There are still people wanting to see something happen eventually, I think we owe the world one last shot. This time however, I dont think we should spend so much time digging up old members. I remember the main problem trying to keep Seal up was that it only had 1-3 active developers, even its prime. I'm willing to put in some time and see if I cant bring it back from the dead, if anyone else is willing then reply.

For god sakes, reply. I dont check my email often, try to catch me on AIM @ guesswhuuc. Lets see what sort of interest we can spark up again!
Eyec0n

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: tcp/ip? maybe Reply with quote

http://rubbermallet.org/qb
-----------------------------------
TCP/IP commands under QuickBASIC4.5!!!

If they can interface WATCOM tcp/ip through QB, why couldn't it be done for SEAL?

I think my first project is going to be porting this lib over to SEAL

The readme file points to www.crynwr.com for a large list of NIC packet drivers, which needed to be loaded on startup as well as wattcp.exe. Man, it all seems so easy now... if I need some help i'll ask and maybe with a few replies we can get something going in like... 6months judging by how many people look at this damn forum
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still here and I check things now and then... if anyone has a plan of action for getting SEAL off its feet, then do post it.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eyec0n

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... Owen are you serious, your the only one left. I've been playing with sourcecode. Not much improvement, infact i've corrupted my copies of the source on accident a few times. If anything happens, it'll be posted on here. Really wish a few people were still active.
ucosty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in about once a year too. Ever hopeful, as they say.
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't really have time to dedicate to SEAL, but if anyone can do anything with the code, then do feel free.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: