SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seal HTML renderer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Seal HTML renderer Reply with quote

I've seen references to a source code for a SEAL HTML renderer. Might anyone know where I could get it? If not, we may want to consider some options for a browser (even a primitive one would do, for now). Even a port of lynx would be a start (once we can get networking support, of course). The only decent open source browser cores that I know of are Mozilla and Konqeror, and either one would be a nightmare, if not impossible, to port. Does anyone know of anything else we could look at as a starting point?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Seals own html renderer would be a start i suppose... but it's not stable at all... I haven't looked at the source so I can't really say anything about it...

Amos have an web archive somewhere with practically everything released for Seal, I'm sure he got seals html renderer there somewhere...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sealsystem.sourceforge.net/files/
is the place...

well, i think you have to grab an older release of Seal to get the html renderer... I don't know if someone ported it so Seal2, but I think someone did... Owen? Anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i think owen did, but he didn't release it because it was seriously flakey

KHTML and Gecko are both really a litte(!) too ambitios i suspect.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darragh McNally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the sources for the Seal2 port somewhere, i'm a bit busy now - i'll look for them later if they're still needed
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my port of the HTML renderer to SEAL 2 on my hard disk. When I get home at the weekend, I'll upload it somewhere.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it decent codewise?
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Seal2 port would be great if someone can find one. I'd really like to check it out, even if it is flakey. I've been trying to get ahold of the Seal1 binaries, but I keep getting corrupted zip files. If anyone has a copy of Seal1 they would care to pass along, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I guess I could compile it myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Owen promised to upload it now during the weekend, so that would quite soon then

(I wake up this morning because my gf phoned me, i wasn't _that_ happy, anyway I realized it's friday, yippi!! )
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did manage to check it out in BadSeal 0.43. No, its not perfect (most notably it seems to not recognize css), but it works, and that's a big start. Even the way it is, it is certainly much better than nothing at all. I would definitely like to see if it could be further developed once we get the Seal 2 port. With a few basic networking apps, that could mean a big push forward for SEAL
Darragh McNally

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked in my Seal files, I already uploaded the binary version of the Seal2.0 port to Seal already. It's at http://sealsystem.sourceforge.net/darragh/hpage.zip If I have time or if no one else does, i'll upload the source.
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Darragh. For some reason, though, I can't run it. I get an error message that says "Unresolved Externals: _htmlwin_init." Any idea what could be causing this? It could be something I've done wrong. I tried putting the s2a file in the s2a-bin directory with the libraries in the main directory and got the error. So then I moved the s2a to the main directory, too, thinking it may have been some type of problem finding the libraries, but that didn't work either. Or possibly I've received a lobotomy. Has anyone seen this before that can offer some guidance?
Darragh McNally

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,I know exactly what's wrong, you have to make changes to the registry for it to work, I thought they were written in a text file in the zip but obviously not. I'll take a look to see what the changes are, Owen might know what they are either
Darragh McNally

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember now! My Seal files arent the greatest for looking at because I never really make note of where I put things!

You have to add:
Code:
HTMLOADER_BACKGROUND       255,255,255
HTMLOADER_TEXT             255,255,255
HTMLOADER_REFERENCE        0,0,255
HTMLOADER_SEL_REFERENCE    255,0,0

to CURRENT/SEAL/COLORS in the registry. Then load the XDLs in the order LOAD_HTM.XDL then HTMLWIN.XDL.
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I forgot to do that. That program certainly is flakey. It loads fine, but when I open an html file from my hard drive, it errors out and kicks me out of seal. Oh, well. Is that a common problem? Anyway, thanks again for the files. Maybe once the source code is up we can take a shot at getting it fixed up. At least it works, though, so we have someplace to start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: