SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Applications for Seal Os.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tornadochaser2001

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: The Applications for Seal Os. Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I recently downloaded and installed seal os. It works nicley and I have a few questions for someone to answer. Where can I find applications for this operating system (besides the ones that are built in)? And is there going to be a program that allows the accesssing of the internet on thsi os sometime in the future? PLease let me know. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Clayton H.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Clayton. Thanks for your interest in SEAL. Most of the available applications come bundled with seal, but this page may be helpful to you. I believe some of the links are outdated, but it is pretty comprehensive.

As for internet access, that is something that we are currently trying to develop. There is an html renderer in existance for SEAL 2, although it is pretty buggy. The binaries are available here, and, if you can program, you may find the source code useful. If you make any useful changes, please let us know. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. Besides that, though, network/internet access are still in planning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tornadochaser2001

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: What kind of operating system looks nice but has no software Reply with quote

Hi,
I checkout the site that the user above provided me with. They have a few applications but nothing what I was looking for. I want something to do my word processing in. And I need to be able to print every time I click on the print word out of the file menu. And Text editor doesn't work for me because it's just simply to blah. Someone know of a good word processing program? I also need a spreadsheet application as well. Please let me know. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Clayton H.
biggyp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you're after linux, GNOME2, Abiword and Gnumeric, sorry, not available in SEAL2...

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seal is just a shell over DOS, it's not an OS by it self...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: