SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DJGPP for Idiots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: DJGPP for Idiots Reply with quote

I see people have had a lot of problems getting djgpp to work right.. so this is a copy of a guide (i sent it to oyama26) to set seal up and running (based off of 2.0.11)..

Quote:
yes, although it doesn't build 2.0.12, but i am fixing it.. in 2.0.11 you need to make one src adjustment for simp..

in file src\simp\imgedit.c on line 14 change:

#include<allegro/aintern.h>

to

#include<allegro/internal/aintern.h>

and it will build ok.. remember to first unpack all of the zips into a directory (keep directory tree!), even the all401..

then you need to go to dos prompt (duh ) and set up your paths (before you turn off the computer, edit autoexec.bat and add the following:

set PATH=x:\djgpp\bin;
set DJGPP=x:\djgpp\djgpp.env

these set up enviroment vars.. if you dont add to your autoexec.bat.. you will have to redo them all over everytime you go to dos prompt [pain in the ass ])

after you get your vars set, go to the allegro folder in the djgpp folder.. and type the good ol' command

make

get a cup of coffee or somethin, because you are in for a wait, on my computer takes maybe 10 mins (on 2.0 ghz..)

after it completes, let it install itself with the make install command...

make install

ok, now you can go to your seal folder where you unzipped it (best to be on the root of the drive)...

and once in there (assuming you fixed the file above..) type make, and wait for it compile.. again takes some time, but is not as long as allegro did..

and you have seal!

(I decided to make a guide for you on how I did it.. the forums give no support for djgpp installation, and I will post a copy of it on the board too.. be a good idea to pin it once i am done )

I will have the files uploaded soon, and i will post the links in the boards so everyone can get them..

i will be replying with the location to the zips that i used for djgpp.. so it should be no issue..

please pin this!

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the zips @ http://sealsystem.sf.net/ryan

enjoy

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: