SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What can I say... I am a person of the past...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: What can I say... I am a person of the past... Reply with quote

I figured that since there is a little of nothing going on at the moment.. I would once again bring up what has happened.. this is not to be critized, or for me to start flames.. so non will be accepted..

I AM CALLING TO AMOS OR OWEN.. ANY HATE HERE AND LOCK THIS THREAD..

I couldn't help but notice that seal has a hell of an archive.. this leads to a lot of fun reading when one is bored.. so lets relive some of it and see how it can be stopped.. for the FINAL time...

Ok.. first off.. lets get down to the whole licensing thing.. after all it is pointless. This is like the whole SCO and Linux thing.. stupid and pointless.. this is final.. no arguements.. lol

Second on the agenda.. community issues.. this is a biggy.. why the fighting? Was it just personality differences or more..?? Come on people.. I have never been in worse flame wars... and that says a lot about me.. the one who usually is very controversial... flame is enough.. tons of them is a forest fire.. and if you are from the us.. you should be familiar with the Smokey the Bear commercials.. and will be able to relate... so here is the last bit of advice:

GET ALONG.. IS IT WORTH IT TO SOUND LIKE IDIOTS.. I THINK NOT!

I will not even start on the Qube vs. SEAL wars.. I was guilty there.. and so was everyone that was there.. and we know this.. and if we don't.. then we are nothing but miserable busybodies... this part of the history is just pointless to recover.. and should be banished from the face of the planet..

And my final complaint.. this is just to make _xduffy_ think differently about my thinking the project's goals were too high... duffy.. you were around when people were getting the supposed Internet support.. hmm.. who was thinking high there.. and just because I was with Qube before SEAL.. all I can say was that was a bunch of b*******.. just a ploy to get to Qube.. which I must admit that you guys did a good job at destroying that project..

So.. that is enough history to keep the newbies thinking that this project is a plain war.. not a project really.. just a poor little program having to hear its little developers screaming at eachother and wanting to turn it into something that it was never meant to be... that is all folks.. now continue with your little miserable lives...

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
biggyp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, you want to dredge up the past of the SEAL2 community, while having carefully erased your own...

i really don't think anything you say here is valid, it was so long ago that it has little or no bearing on the current state of the project, as for destroying Qube, i'm sorry, if Michael wanted to continue development of his GUI he could have, but, i suspect, he noticed the flaws, and the problems that a closed source GUI of that sort would suffer from, i don't know what he's doing now, but remember he's already abandoned 2 other GUIs because they didn't work out.

now, you ask that people not flame you for this post, however, it's nothing but flamebait, is it an attempt to scare new users and developers away(yes, i know there aren't many anyway, but if they read that kind of history they're bound to be a little uncomfortable), i think that it's perfectly safe to leave the past behind us at this point, it's of little consequence to the present and future of SEAL.

but anyway, SEAL still needs lots of work to bring it up to date, it can be made to look pretty and can play MP3s, but what really matters, portability and reduction of minimum system requirements, as well as a more complete toolkit are still missing, what i want SEAL to be able to do in the future is as follows

Compile with GCC 3.x
Support 640x480x16 colours video, maximum res in lots of old systems
fix the ridiculous scrollbar widget, or even replace it with a standard one.

so, what are you doing at the moment Ryan?

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mbouza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ......

did i miss something?
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*yawn*

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two words:

f*** OFF

The community wont miss you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit.. i thought i would be attacked visiously.. hmm.. kinda boring indeed owen..

as for you luckas.. where have you been.. comeon.. you have done nothing more then me.. big deal.. you arent around that much either..

and phil.. yes.. i did remove mine.. but you said that the past can be forgotten.. did you second guess yourself there...

as for Qube.. it was abandoned because the support for it was thrown out by you guys.. so there is no arguement though

Questions? Contact Me!
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as for Qube.. it was abandoned because the support for it was thrown out by you guys.. so there is no arguement though

Of course not, it is always up to every person him- or herself to decide wheter to stay on to a project or to move on. Stop making stupid accusations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamryan2002 wrote:

as for you luckas.. where have you been.. comeon.. you have done nothing more then me.. big deal.. you arent around that much either..

Can you spell S-A-R-C-A-S-M? Or is your failure somehow related to missing the opportunity to learn how to use the Shift key? I dont care.

I know I havent done much for SEAL, but I had my reasons. Why develop for something so buggy and unstable. Yes of course I could have used QubeOS, but I didnt like that either, closed source - doesnt smell good, and its programing was really obfuscating!

So Im developing a new GUI with Julien - oZone.

As far as little things go SEAL gave me something that no other GUI could. I have learned loads from it. I wish you would have too...

Cheers.
julien

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Nobody understand what is(was) going on in seal communauty ? You still haven't understand why i've left this project 2 years ago after having spend (lost?) 6 months developping useless software stole by everybody ? Something overthere is wrong, is not right. Now i undertsand Michal, why is totally stoped his open source projects. Open source is not an oportunity to stole other people work, but only a way to make better things together. The open source goal is not to spread energy on many many sub separeted projects.
Anyway rivality is extreme in seal universe. That's why you (we) are always arguing about everything.
I'm forgetting : did you heard about a Seal 4 project done by a company, wich only stole michal work to make a new gui for there commercial distribution of freedos.
Anyway, no public release for years (yes!). Do you still think that seal has a future with all of you and me ?
The answord : NO.
WE have detroyed the seal project. And about the hypotetic death of qubeos, this project has never been born.
SO what is left ? Some archives, few buggy softwares, some developpers spending more time in arguing than in developping...
Do you need still explainations ?

Please forgive for my hawfull english.

No need to argue about this subject, there is nothing to add.
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is your choice Julien, and that is ok.

But still, Seal will live as long as there are people in these forums, and there are... maybe Seal will die someday, when another Open Source GUI for dos emerges, but I don't think it will die before that. This is a interest driven project nothing else.
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit.. there are some good points made by everyone.. I see them and will not critize them. As for Julien, he may not be a friend, but he has points.

OpenSource software is not to be stolen, and that has been a problem with SEAL and even QubeOS to a point. Unless we (I mean everyone on these forums).. pull together and set a simple starting point.. SEAL will never see another final release... it is that simple.

We need to choose a new maintainer also... I have not seen or heard from oyama in a while.

OWEN, AMOS.. LOCK THIS HERE PLEASE.. NO MORE ARGUEMENTS, I AM SORRY FOR BRINGING THIS UP

Questions? Contact Me!
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why you are so keen to get this thread locked. To me it's strange, since things didn't really get hot, and whatever hotness there were it seems to passed away. So why?

I question your tendency to delete your history and wanting to lock things down, it seems like it's too much of control behavious in that. No, there was no direct pun intended, I just think you should consider this.

Anyway, I am happy that julien returned here and wrote such nice things in the forum. Really, way to go Julien, and best of wishes for your project.

And Ryan, best of wishes for you too if you don't want to stay around. I hope everything will go well for you too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: