SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seal on a Thinkpad 760EL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSealGuy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Seal on a Thinkpad 760EL? Reply with quote

I have a Thinkpad 760el that I recently acquired. Will Seal System work with it? It has a faulty memory module and I plan to fix or replace it (currently it does not boot to the hard drive).
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BigSealGuy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Will give it a try! Reply with quote

I have found, bought and installed a memory module for the 760EL. I will give Seal Ssytem a try on it as soon as I find a hard drive that I can format with FreeDOS (the hard drive that I had FreeDOS and Seal System on it does not fit the 760EL but it did the 755CD).

BigSealGuy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: It works! (eventually crashed) Reply with quote

I installed the new memory module and now have 73 megs of ram in my 760EL Thinkpad. I took the hard drive with the FreeDOS and Seal Ssytem out of the caddy that it was in since it would not fit the 760EL. I tried the Seal System. It works great. I tried the fire screensaver (ti is really awesome). It eventually crashed on a program but I was able to get farther with it than I ever did before).

The screen saver used the entire screen but Seal system only used about 75/80 percent of the screen. Is this normal or is there a way around it? There is a 'black space' around the Seal System GUI window.
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black space is probably your laptops way to cope with the resolution, that is because a laptops screen is optimized for a certain res, and since you're obviously not running in that res, it does that to give you something nice to watch... So try find a resolution that works...

Maybe I'm wrong but that's my experience w/ my own laptop...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll tend to find that some screen modes stretch to fill the screen(which is horrible), while other might only ocupy the actual number of pixels required, so yes, up the resolution a little.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigSealGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. It is appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: