SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone working on an upgrade to 2.00.11?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Anyone working on an upgrade to 2.00.11? Reply with quote

Hi all. Is anyone working on a new version or an upgrade to 2.00.11? I've been thinking of having a go at doing it myself. Is the version of DGJPP listed in the Seal 2 Apps link mentioned in the sticky above the correct version to compile SEAL? If not, where can I download a copy? Do I also need GCC? If so, again where can I download the correct verison? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks.

Regards

Nick
nickc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've found all the compiler files and I've just finished downloading them.

Nick
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know how you get on, there's recently been a bit of interest about SEAL on the FreeDOS mailing lists, it'd be great if something could happen.

Note that the latest code for SEAL is actually the 2.0.12 code that I never finished. I'm not sure what sort of a state it's in or if it even compiles, but you can find it on the SourceForge Files section, I think.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I did an inofficial relase of the 2.0.12 code (which I did work on, Owen ), if I remember correctly it was of release quality, it just wasn't packaged as a normal Seal release is...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you? Hmm, what did you change? I might download that sometime (I never did as I assumed it was the same code as I'd sent you, or whoever).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure on that, I might have to check it as well, Though I know that I did changes, but I don't remember if I considered them stable enought to make it through a release...

So actually I would be the one with the most fresh source, if it's still on my old computers harddrive, which I'm not so sure about...

Merry Christmas anyway on you guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Merry Christmas to everyone here.

I got my old P75 working the other day and found Bad Seal 0.54 on it. That brought back a few memories.

_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that must have been a nice moment

I have an old 496 laptop I bought some years ago, if I get to it I'll install dos and seal on it, and maybe I'll do some stuff with it. But right now school and work is everything I have time for, and my beloved fiancee of course

It would be nice if someone took the Seal 2 source code and made something of it, not just rejecting it and all the hours of work invested there...

Well, well... over and out.
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll go and download the latest source anyway, see if I can get it to build with DJGPP *somerecentversion*, gcc 3.3.3 and the latest version of Allegro, and then see if I can actually get it to run on XP...

orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After making a few adjustments, I've got it building with gcc 3.x and allegro 4.1.x. Just need to fix a few of the XDLs, then I'll let you know if it actually runs!

EDIT: Well, I've not managed to get it to work yet... seems to crash during initialisation after loading XDLs (I've told it not to, so I think it's something Allegro/graphics-related). I might look into it some other time.

Imerion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! You mean there is a new version that works but is not released. If you get it to compile, could you put it up on this page? I really like the SEAL system. Some continued development would be really neat!
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It compiles, but doesn't run. I might look into it sometime soon if I have time.

Imerion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a neat idea! What if we work together to update some things in SEAL and then release an ultimate distro with everything in it.

The things we could is :

1. Fix the latest version so it runs good.

2. Add all free programs lying around on the net. I have them collected so I can upload them if needed.

3. Do some small updates to existing programs. There are a few small things which would increase the usability a lot. Some examples :

Audio Player : A playlist would be great. Or atleast a button which loads a new file, so you wont have to restart the program.

Painting program : Some standard bugfixes.

Text editor : Add support for Rich-text format, making it possible to write most kinds of documents in it.

You get the idea!

This would make a great GUI perfect! What do you all think?
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think neither Owen or I have the time to help you on this right now. But you can download the source from Seals sourceforge page, it's called Seal 2.0.12 unofficial.

It would be interesting to get Seal running on a new allegro and gcc version, and if it is easy enough to get it to work under linux I might be able to help out, sometime in the future, maybe. Sorry to be so uncertain, but there is a real life outside the computer world that both I and others have to tend to, it was different some years ago when I still were in school and in uni, like now.
Imerion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you completely. I, to, has lots to do with school. I could try to get it to compile under Linux. Would be a lot easier, since I run Linux on all my computers. (Except the pure DOS ones).

Btw, what changes were made from Seal 2.0.11 to Seal 2.0.12?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: