SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PPP - internet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peuh, thats one heap of documents... seems hard to read..

--------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: MrSlacker

Hey, why not start a project to run Windows files? To start off, when someone opens a windows executable, why not have seal send a message to it saying that the host os is WindowsXX instead of MS-DOS?
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that would be good for, what? Ok, so you fool the application... but for how long? I think dos would crash quite fast... wouldnt it?

--------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: lol

HEll, OK, so, lets make it run WIndows apss..oh derar we'd also need windows widgets too...and have i forgotten something? oh yes...THERE IS NO POINT!!! THAT WILL NOT WORK!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Someone...

Creating a windows emulator for seal2 is possible you dumbass... I don't know how, but if people can make one for linux then why not dos or seal2? Just 'cuz somethings hard doesn't make it impossible, it just mean's your to f*** stupid to do it and try it. I know shiat about programing, but you know what? I'm learning how to program. If I were like you, I would give up and say it's impossible for me to learn, 'cuz I've never tried to do it or if I did try to do it, I just didn't understand what was going on and I gave up on it. Oh well, I guess everyone's just different

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: 213.1.198.17

NO what I think I was refering to is that we cant JUST make win apps think it's windows, you would need all the widgets to go with it...ie GDI.EXE etc etc, and we couldnt legally distribute that with seal so ....
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop all this bickering.

There ARE programs that will run Windows applications under DOS. WinEm will run some console applications under DOS. I did once try to port this to SEAL, but the resulting program didn't seem to work properly.

--------------
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/

MSN Messenger: orudge@freeuk.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Quber

Maybe everything from seal should be ported to qubeos, since seal seems to be going nowhere as far as developement is going. Qube is also faster and cleaner looking. Seal just doesn't cut it anymore. You people fight amongst each other way too much. Qube is starting to pick up some developers. And from my understanding Julien, whom used to be a seal developer is now working for qube. Maybe seal just shouldn't be worked on any more.... You guy's had a great thing going, but now you've all gone and screwed it up. Anyone who wants seal but comes to the forum before getting it and sees all this fighting going on will most likely shy away from seal and find something else. But, what do I know... I could be wrong.
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a sense I agree with Quber... we _do_ have a problem with all people talking s*** about eachother and using foul language... but i think we should work on seal anyway... Qube and SEAL are not necessary competitors in a bad sense... look at gnome and kde... we could do the same, as long as Qube will go opensource...

I can say that I wont leave seal for qube... but i think those of you talkin about it all the time should, i dont care if only amos, owen, kostas, me and some other of you active people stay. That could make a better community.

Is there any emaillist? Isn't it easier to keep bad people outside of it? I am not asking seal people to hide, but there must be some way to get away from boring language... (sorry for the bad english, im very tired...)

--------------
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sealsystem/. I may set one up at SourceForge soon at some point as well.

--------------
Owen Rudge

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: MrSlacker

I did not mean fool windows apps into thinking dos was windows. What I ment was more of to start an emulator. Would the older version of Wine that was designed for Win16 apps be a bit less of a hassle to port?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Quber

You know what Mrslacker, your better off turning to QubeOS. We already have internet, all we need is the web browser. Bochs emulator can also be used INSIDE of QubeOS, which means you can run all the other OS's out there you can get a hold of and run all thier apps from it. But, you could also stay with Seal2 and wait for the fighting to stop so these people can actually do something with it and get the project done...Your choice....
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have yet to see bochs running in qube, has the port been released anywhere? it's GPL isn't it, michal released the code?

--------------
Email
HomePage
SealStuff
Gallery

MSN: philharper@hotmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I could get bochs running inside "qube for Windows", but what is the point?

Furthermore, last time I visited the qube site, people were flinging mud there too, so don't act like your $#!+ don't smell.

--------------
Amos -
seal.dosos.com
AIM: AmosVryhof
MSN Messenger: a.m.o.s@juno.com
[ Edit by Amos Vryhof on 2002-03-25 08:01 ]
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quber, if you're going to come here and try to "steal" everybody and make them go to Qube, at least have the decency to tell us who you are.

--------------
Owen Rudge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: