SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qube...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Bad-Sector

okay... we say that SEAL is better than Qube...

but why? Where SEAL is better and where Qube is better?

(just wondering)
cheshire_cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAL good because:
It's 100% Open Sources.
It has good interface ( needs speeded up ).
It has full skinning.
It has SFA ( music and video ).

SEAL bad because:
It has lots of arguing.
It doesn't have a lot of publicity.
Not lots of work being done just now.

Qube good because:
Good publicity.
Little arguing.
PPP dialer.

Qube bad because:
Because people people think better because of internet.
very little features.

Therefore SEAL beats Qube by MILES!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
julien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But behind the scene ? in sources ?

I just say it because i know....
But the biggest seal problem is the comunauty...

--------------
Julien Etelain - julien@pmad.net
MSN Messenger : julien@pmad.net
[ Edit by julien on 2002-03-25 12:42 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Quber

Seal's SFA player sux ass...
Seal's Interface is slow and sux some more ass...

Qube has a great interface and is supa dupa fast...
Seal apps are being ported to QubeOS ....
PPP Dialer hmmmm..... HELL YEAH!!!!!
Bochs .... uhhh can you say hello windows and linux?

Seal is going nowhere.... just give up and remember QubeOS wants to be better... AND IT SHALL
cheshire_cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAL has a UNIQUE and SKINNABLE interface.
QUBE is based on BeOS, MacOS X and other widgets stolen from other GUI's. Qube's widgets are not original!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Seal's SFA player sux ass...

You haven't seen the latest incarnation of SFA, which, behind the scenes, is much better. When SealAmp hits the download server, it will be the ultimate SEAL media player.

Also, Internet access will be part of SEAL soon, with Bad Sector's TCP/IP code and dialer, or Callum's dialer.

--------------
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/

MSN Messenger: orudge@freeuk.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Seal community sucks. It's not a community at all, it's a freakin' boxing ring. Everyone is out for themselves, and it's just a big old mess.

On the other hand, Seal is innovative. I know that the reason Quber is attacking SFA is to bring Owen down, that just proves that he is a moron.

SFA can do things that Qube's non-existent Multimedia APIs can't. Try to play some sound in Qube....can't do it...

SFA is the closest thing Seal actually has to a true community project. It started when Florian was going to write a new mp3 player for Seal, and I suggested that he writes an API with multimedia functions instead so people could write other Multimedia applications that rely on SFA, making a more unified project.

Florian delivered quickly. Now Owen has the project, added MOD support, and is now also adding Video support.

Your leader, the Seal and Qube creator doesn't take suggestions from the community. He has made two GUIs and abandoned both. Uniforms, and Seal. The thing is, Seal is here to stay, and Qube isn't going to affect it in any way.

In short: Help, or go away.

--------------
Amos -
seal.dosos.com
AIM: AmosVryhof
MSN Messenger: a.m.o.s@juno.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Bad-Sector

being a SEAL developer (i actually made SEAL as it was a bit before Julien made SEAL2) i'm in a position to know exactly what Qube is. And i can guarranty you that Qube is nothing more than a new improved version of SEAL (and i don't know if Michal has made all things that he claim that he has).

I agree that Qube has a nicer interface, but -trust me- the speed is almost the same with SEAL1.x/BadSeal (i'm not sure about SEAL2 since Julien changed some things). Anyway, at my opinion it can be alot better....

Today i took a look at Qube's API and structure. I got sick! All the things that i marked as 'bad' in an old page that i made with suggestions on how SEAL could be in order to be the best GUI, was in the new API and NOTHING (and i mean NOTHING) from the good things was used. This pseydo-OOP sometimes is a good thing, but in MOSTLY is a very bad thing. Take for example the p_graphics structure. It has MANY MANY functions inside it and every one function takes 4 bytes of memory. In real OOP (C++) this wouldn't happed, but we 're dealing with non-OOP. Also it has *FUNCTIONS* in order to get values that in other cases could be accessed by *VARIABLES*, since they change rarely. For those who don't know, i'm talking for the get_width and get_height functions of the p_graphics "object". This makes the program a lot slower and the result machine code a bit bigger, since instead of a reference to memory (by using variables), the compiler places machine language commands for calling the function, placing some stuff in the stack, *ACCESSING THE MEMORY WHERE THE INTERNAL VARIABLES ARE*, getting some stuff from the stack and returning to code which called the function. This, if used in a loop, makes the code a lot slower than direct access. This is one of the silliest things i saw in Qube's API (i also saw more silly things, but i'll not say them here, at least not now).

So, my friend, Qube is not so different from SEAL as you think... and think that: if it was very different, then how SEAL programs are been ported to Qube?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badsector....Why are you programming for Qube and saying s*** about it? and about porting of Seal apps to Qube...linux and windows are way different from each other... But, I have alot of apps ported from linux to windows....And this???Who wants a forum for Qube?

http://qube.badforums.cjb.net/

hand-made forum for Qube (and not only!)
cheshire_cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kostas is right...
Michal think he know best all of time when he should take advice from people.
QUbe could be faster but Michal like it all to be his ideas, his work

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you feel great when you know you've done something all by your self like a big boy? Let Michal be a big boy while you little girls have a cat fight about what should and shouldn't be done...And remember the story about the totious and the hare? Well the tortious was slow....but he finnished first 'cuz the hare was a smart ass and thought he would beat the tortious... Qube is like the tortious...may be slow in developement, but in the end all that extra time will be worth it...
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats with this troll?
Qube has a few bits and pieces that are better looking than Seal, when it comes down to it Seal is in general a much better performer, versions of Seal exist that with some work will be able to look and feel better than Qube.
if bochs has been ported then lets see some proof, and maybe even some sources, since it seems that apps are being ported from Seal to Qube will little difficulty i'm sure that a Qube port of Bochs would be pretty easy to port to Seal.
Qube and multimedia, oh dear, better leave that one well alone, might point out a big problem, how can you say that SFA sucks, it does a pretty damn good job of most of the tasks asked of it.

qube isn't being developed for the same reasons as Seal, and who knows, maybe michal will get bored and put that project to bed sometime soon as he has so many others.

and whats this tortious thing anyway, a tortoise by any chance?

go back to the Qube guestbook from whence you came.

--------------
Email
HomePage
SealStuff
Gallery

MSN: philharper@hotmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm.....seems I've found our hare....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: Topguitarist

Personally Quber, I dont see why your giving out about all the fighting in SEAL2 because the only thing I can see your here for is to start a fight.

--------------
Darragh McNally

MSN Messenger - darragh_mc_nally@hotmail.com

"Is tá Ruairí Mac Orlaidh 'dul chun bás ar dhroichead Thuama inniú"
biggyp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of the things that Seal does which AFAIK Qube does not.

--------------
Email
HomePage
SealStuff
Gallery

MSN: philharper@hotmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: