SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skinning API planning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Hajj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of all these so-called Aqua themes for Desktops, they're not close! Do people even look at Apple's Aqua? The Aqua theme for Seal sucks ( the button's not even close! ) and the one for Win XP and KDE sucks too.

But, a TRUE Aqua theme would be cool. I like the idea of the menu on top, and the places/styles/colors of the close/min/max buttons.
hustedt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easy to make a good WinXP skin for Seal2, cause its skinning-abilities are very limited. If the taskbar would be fully skinable it wouldn't be very difficult to make the perfect XP-skin.
If you can do it better, try it!

My new site!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only truely good skinning systems i've seen belong to GNOME/GTK, SawMill, and KDE2/3, as for the SEAL2 aqua theme, which one do you mean? the one that comes with SEAL, if thats it then it's my first ever skin and not a lot is actually skinned, on the other hand there's the one pictured below which is not too far of the mark if you ask me. you can download it from http://biggyp.tk if you like.

if you can do better please go ahead, otherwise quit moaning.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Seal 3.0 Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: