SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Wish List! Reply with quote

Post what you want here.

Read through the posts first so we don't get a million requests for one feature.

Mr Green Mr Green

[url=mailto:18238073@pager.icq.com]Msg@Home[/url]
[url=mailto:154644152@pager.icq.com]Msg@Work[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RanmaFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Seal 3.0 Reply with quote

of corse i think what we would like to see is seal replacing M$ Windows i fully belive that seal is capable of this. What seal needs to do is become os indepedent in the same way that M$ windows did. I want to see M$ take a dive. SEAL is out best bet for this. SEAL needs to support WIN32 applcations and install drivers like M$ if we work together tward the goal of an OS that can play the same games and software as M$ And support the same drivers as M$ we can do it. We have the code look wine look at freedos where ever we need but we must destroy the M$ monopoly.
lukas139

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Somebody has a large imagination
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CronoXG2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Seal 3.0 Reply with quote

RanmaFreak wrote:
of corse i think what we would like to see is seal replacing M$ Windows i fully belive that seal is capable of this. What seal needs to do is become os indepedent in the same way that M$ windows did. I want to see M$ take a dive. SEAL is out best bet for this. SEAL needs to support WIN32 applcations and install drivers like M$ if we work together tward the goal of an OS that can play the same games and software as M$ And support the same drivers as M$ we can do it. We have the code look wine look at freedos where ever we need but we must destroy the M$ monopoly.

Isn't that what ReactOS is for?
dr_linux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stable and fast gui (but if we are honest seal have to be more than a gui)
MrSlacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I just want to see Seal3.0 actualy go somewere. Seal2.0 as well know did VERY little, made some slight speed enhancements and then slowed the system down with a skin system. Drop the eyecandy, we dont need it. Finish the main components of Seal, then add the multimedia!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks to Ganesh, Seal 3.0 is finally being developed at last. When my new system is up and running, I will help with it, and I hope some other people out there will too. We'll have to get some things sorted out and get the code into CVS at some point.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ganesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owen, the first thing I would like you to see is DLX support. DOS support is a _must_.

I will be putting out a TODO list sometime this week. (after next preview)
lukas139

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY wish and only wish is:

Please compile, please please.
I want to get Tech preview 3 to compile.

Unsuccessfull for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ganesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude,

there goes another off your wishlist,

the code now compiles with DJGPP (dunno if it runs), and runs with mingw and linux.
WinstonEwert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Severel Dos games detect if windows is running and display a warning, I was wondering if dos seal could detect if windows is running and if it was use start to launch a windows program which would grab information off the windows system and put it in a file for Seal to read.

-Primarily, internet connection i.e. modem or lan, connection settings

-Possilby, Screen Resoulution/Color Depth

Any thoughts.
lukas139

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope version 2.76 compiles. v
King Hajj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Here's an idea. Reply with quote

I didn't read other ppl's comments, but I think that it should be more skinable. The user should have a way to change where the Close/Max./Min. buttons are and there should be more themes ( an Aqua theme would be REALLY cool. ). And have a choise to have MacOS-like menus.
BadSector
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only wish is that people here stop dreaming things that cannot happen.
Don't ask me which! Just read the abone list...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: For crying out loud Reply with quote

This project could use some more Beta-testing, it crashes too often, even when I'm trying to use the inner Visual Developer. Then, about the user-friendly interface, have you ever heard about "Zoom User Interface"?
Whi don't you try the PAD++ e.g. http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/hcil/pad++, although they were using TclTk, i think it won't be too hard for such programmers as you are to port it here. Then this system could really use a TCP/IP stack, as now a computer without network connection is like a deaf and mute man. Again about the nasty bugs, it's interesting why was my CMOS cheksum corrupt after a 5-minute usage of SEAL2? (sorry for possible offtopic). BTW it would be interesting to see if you could develop something like the QNX-1.44M Demo (with HDD support).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Seal 3.0 Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: