SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thpe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: My wish list... Reply with quote

I have a few sugestions:

1. I wold like to have a short command to exit Seal - like Alt + Q or something.

2. It wold be nice to be able to open files like .html with the Disk Commander.

3. The Disk Commander does not show all the buttons for exampel the F8 Delete button.

4. Let the user make more choice in the control panel but in a advanced mode.

5. Install drivers for a Swedish keybord - I miss the .

6. Make it posible to run two copys of the Explorer at the same time.

7. I miss the posibility to make folders on the desktop by right-click on the desktop.

8. I hope that the Visual Development tool will be easier to use and that it will have a compiler for Seal 3.

9. That the Seal 3 shall be compatible with Seal 1.x and Seal 2.x so programs made for them can be used in Seal 3.

10. The copy of Seal 2 that I have cant run C&C, it just say "Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn" ("Wrong cammand or filename" in english) Im running Seal 2 under Windows 98 SE.

11. Make it posible to sort the icons in the desktop by names, size etc.

12. Make it easier to change the meny.

13. I love SIMP and hope it will be even better - make a zoom(1:1) button or key.

14. Add more drivers for the soundcards - I have a soundcard built on my motherboard and wen I start Seal it says that I have no soundcard - make it posible to change the soundcard in the control panel.

15. Mabye the meny could be something like the MacOS X meny.

16. I should like to be able to use the weel on my mouse.

17. It would be nice to be able to adjust the mouse sencitivity even more.

18 I should like to have a login system that can be activated in the settings.

19. Wen Im trying to use the view file ability on a .txt file it says "cant run file".

20. A benchmark to see how fast the computer is wen its running Seal wold be nice.

21. I hope you will make it imposible to set the delay for the screensaver to 0.
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: My wish list... Reply with quote

Thpe wrote:
I have a few sugestions:

1. I wold like to have a short command to exit Seal - like Alt + Q or something.

Possible.

Quote:
2. It wold be nice to be able to open files like .html with the Disk Commander.

Possible by editing registry - no nice file association GUI at the moment.

Quote:

3. The Disk Commander does not show all the buttons for exampel the F8 Delete button.

Yes, that's a problem - just resize the dialog manually for now.

Quote:

4. Let the user make more choice in the control panel but in a advanced mode.

Someone was working on a new control panel ages ago (xduffy perhaps?) - I don't know what happened with that.

Quote:

5. Install drivers for a Swedish keybord - I miss the .

Edit allegro.cfg and set keyboard to se. No nice GUI yet either.

Quote:

6. Make it posible to run two copys of the Explorer at the same time.

Possible by modifying the code. I would have thought you could load two copies anyway (don't know for sure though).

Quote:

7. I miss the posibility to make folders on the desktop by right-click on the desktop.

Possible.

Quote:

8. I hope that the Visual Development tool will be easier to use and that it will have a compiler for Seal 3.

Visual Development has been dropped at the request of Point Mad.

Quote:

9. That the Seal 3 shall be compatible with Seal 1.x and Seal 2.x so programs made for them can be used in Seal 3.

A compatibility API may be created, but SEAL 3.0 in it's raw form is incompatible with 1.x and 2.x.

Quote:

10. The copy of Seal 2 that I have cant run C&C, it just say "Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn" ("Wrong cammand or filename" in english) Im running Seal 2 under Windows 98 SE.

C&C? Command and Conquer? What do you do to get this error?

Quote:
11. Make it posible to sort the icons in the desktop by names, size etc.

Possible.

Quote:
12. Make it easier to change the meny.

Currently you have to do it by hand, but a GUI for this would be possible.

Quote:

13. I love SIMP and hope it will be even better - make a zoom(1:1) button or key.

Not possible - SIMP has been dropped at the request of Point Mad too.

Quote:

14. Add more drivers for the soundcards - I have a soundcard built on my motherboard and wen I start Seal it says that I have no soundcard - make it posible to change the soundcard in the control panel.

I did do some work on a sound driver control panel ages ago, but lost the code. The sound drivers are provided by Allegro. Try using the Allegro Setup program (available from the Download page on this site) and use the Autodetect function, and if that doesn't work, try Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster Pro for the audio, as some drivers emulate these sound cards. Otherwise, you're out of luck - many modern sound cards and especially built-in sound chips just will not work with DOS apps.

Quote:

15. Mabye the meny could be something like the MacOS X meny.

Haven't used Mac OS X, so don't know about that. Possibly possible.

Quote:

16. I should like to be able to use the weel on my mouse.

Hmmm, possibly possible.

Quote:

17. It would be nice to be able to adjust the mouse sencitivity even more.

Possibly possible, I don't know.

Quote:

18 I should like to have a login system that can be activated in the settings.

Someone (Lukas?) was working on a login system. Don't know what happened with that either.

Quote:

19. Wen Im trying to use the view file ability on a .txt file it says "cant run file".

Well, if TXT files are associated with the Text Editor (smalldit.s2a), it should work.

Quote:

20. A benchmark to see how fast the computer is wen its running Seal wold be nice.

Useful, but not essential. Maybe somebody will do that in the future.

Quote:

21. I hope you will make it imposible to set the delay for the screensaver to 0.

But then the screensaver would come on whenever you're using SEAL, and you wouldn't be able to do anything!

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he means you CAN set it to 0 and stop yourself from doing anything, setting to 0 should disable in future versions if thats the case.

as far as benchmarking goes, your computer wont become any slower when running SEAL really.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working on a login system but kind of lost intrest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggyp wrote:
i think he means you CAN set it to 0 and stop yourself from doing anything, setting to 0 should disable in future versions if thats the case.

Oops, misread that!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no don't blame me for that!

After what I can remember it was Tobias that promised to do that... Haven't seen or heard anything from him i a very long while...

cya
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
King Hajj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: What??? Reply with quote

Your dropping VisualDevelopement and SIMP! Why! Those are two very good programs! If you are sure with droping them, than at least make the source open under GNU !
biggyp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they aren't under the GPL and don't belong to us, you ,may want to try emailing julien@pmad.net about it, the software was removed at his request and will not be reinstated unless his permision is given.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's not under our control, unfortunately. As Phil said, you could try and persuade Julien to allow it, but I highly doubt he will. If you look back in the archives you will see a pretty horrible war about that.

King Hajj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Or is it? Reply with quote

I just found the source for both programs in the source zip. So what if thery're not under GPL? If I knew how to program in Seal, I'd port it into Seal3 immediatly. But, the only manual so far is for 1.x
biggyp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, Julien could land us in quite a lot of trouble if u use them without permission, SEAL3 isn't complete enough to port anything to yet really, that SEAL1 guide aparantly isn't too bad for SEAL2.

Gallery

Brandonn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Seal 2 and it's quite buggy for me, but I love the look. The buggyness may have something to do with the fact that I'm running it off of FreeDOS.

I don't know, and I know very little about programming, just the very basics.

But anyway... I'm not insulting your work, it seems to me that this is the best DOS GUI out there and I'm happy to have discovered that your going to revamp it all.

Something I would like is the ability to make shortcuts to DOS programs, like games, etc. Seal 2 may have the ability, but I couldn't find it.

I'd love to help if I could, but I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer.

I recently got a junk computer from work an I wasnted an easy way to access the DOS programs I put on there. So good luck, and I'm sorry I went off topic, but in my defence, this is my first post, and I had alot of various (random ) things to say.

Good luck with the coding
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you got The Desktop? It's an sort of addon... the link is in my signature...

By the way, Lukas, didn't you add some nice things to The Desktop in your very own CubeOS project? Where can I get the sources for your changed The Desktop? I would like to incorporate your changes into the "main" source for The Desktop...
lukas139

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubegui.sf.net/downloads.php
biggyp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but that link doesn't work lukas, everyone always complains that he link doesn't work, and you still haven't fixed it!!!

isn't the working link to somewhere on host.sk?

Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Seal 3.0 Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: