SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion from user

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Suggestion from user Reply with quote

I received this e-mail from a user. I thought it'd be good to discuss, even though it has already been discussed before.

Hi,

I am an occasional follower of the Seal site, but not by any means an actual member of the "Seal" community; so I am not going to join the forum just to say these few words.

What I would like would be the ability for Seal to open multiple DOS boxes, whether through task swapping or actual multitasking, perhaps with a global clipboard to allow cut and paste between them. Many this is just reinventing the wheel and I should just load WIN 3.0 and use it that way... (But I despise anything Microsoft!)

Additionally, I would like to see something operating at perhaps the point of a boot loader that does some sort of "FDISK" on RAM allowing perhaps independantly booting RAMDISKs. It seems to me that Pentium processors and even older 386 and 486 CPUs with the huge amounts of RAM currently available provide enough computing resources to handle a some sort of internal network of several actual operating systems working simultaneously and directly in RAM (rather than through an emulator) inside a single computer box. From my employment perhaps this could even allow a direct session on a PC from a mainframe or AS400 network without needing to boot into a complete operating system and then using an emulator like EXTRA.

Perhaps these things are impossible. I am no programmer of any type; so these are my "pie-in-the-sky" wish list.

Thanks.

Peace

Dutch
Dale Hoogeveen
please address any response to my private Email: dutch@minn.net

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaNo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks quite nice...

Programmer of the DaNoOS: http://home.planet.nl/~esch0090
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: