SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOS/SEAL Port of WINE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeGiNnEr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: DOS/SEAL Port of WINE Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently working on an open source OS based on FreeDOS Kernel and FreeCOM. I would like to know if there is already a dos port of the currently Linux/Unix only version of WINE (WINdows Emulator), or that is someone can help me port/recompile it in order to run under DOS or SEAL. I know that it needs X-Windows System in order to run, but I couldn't find an open-source DOS-port of X on the internet.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me, thanx!
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been attempts at porting WINE to SEAL, but none successful, as far as I know.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
julien

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: Just a tip Reply with quote

The fastest way to port Wine to Seal will be in two part :
Port linux kernel (easy due to gcc)
Port Xfree86 (not realy port it, but make you compatible)
And after you will be able to port very very easily wine, and you will be linux compatible !

(http://www.eoslx.da.ru/ have yet done this for Dos)

But i'm maybe wrong
Alf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier to port Twin and use some of the portable Wine DLL's

Twin Graphics code exists for two platforms MacOS/X11 if you wrote one for allegro/seal then it would be cool. Twin can already use native win 3.1/95 printer drivers

An alternate idea would be to study the printer driver loader source and create video driver loader from that (display and printer drivers are close in functionality)

One benefit would be to call back from seal to the Twin subsystem to use the printer drivers
Alf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier to port Twin and use some of the portable Wine DLL's

Twin Graphics code exists for two platforms MacOS/X11 if you wrote one for allegro/seal then it would be cool. Twin can already use native win 3.1/95 printer drivers

An alternate idea would be to study the printer driver loader source and create video driver loader from that (display and printer drivers are close in functionality)

One benefit would be to call back from seal to the Twin subsystem to use the printer drivers
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try porting TWIN, but couldn't be bothered to start converting the X Windows graphics driver.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BeGiNnEr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded and tried EOS/LX. First of all it's completely in Spanish (Which I don't know ), second after it loads all the drivers, initializes the desktop, then freezes when it tries to detect my PCI hardware (not in graphical mode!!!). Does anybody know an English version of this program and if not can anybody provide a solution to this problem? I know this kind of question does not belong to this forum, but if you can help me anyway!!!

Thanx guys!
Amos Vryhof
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Umm.... Reply with quote

A good solution would be to learn Spanish....it's not a very complex language.

[url=mailto:18238073@pager.icq.com]Msg@Home[/url]
[url=mailto:154644152@pager.icq.com]Msg@Work[/url]
BeGiNnEr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks. The language isn't the main problem. I am trying to install EOS/LX on a Gateway Family-PC (Pentium 133 Processor!) with 16 MB of RAM and an ATI MACH64 2MB PCI Graphics card. Can you help me now???

Thanx.
BeGiNnEr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have upgraded my computer to Windows XP! I downloaded the new kernel, replaced it with the new Kernel, and booted my computer using a Windows 98 start-up disk!

But when I tried to start EOS/LX, it says "FAT bread failed" three times!!!
By the way, I have a Celeron 1.7GHz, 256MB PC-133 SDRAM, and a 60GB IBM Hard Drive, with a FAT32 Partition. Could it be from the partition, that EOS/LX cannot read/write FAT32 partitions???

Please help!!!
-BeGiNnEr
BeGiNnEr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have upgraded my computer to Windows XP! I downloaded the new kernel, replaced it with the new Kernel, and booted my computer using a Windows 98 start-up disk!

But when I tried to start EOS/LX, it says "FAT bread failed" three times!!!
By the way, I have a Celeron 1.7GHz, 256MB PC-133 SDRAM, and a 60GB IBM Hard Drive, with a FAT32 Partition. Could it be from the partition, that EOS/LX cannot read/write FAT32 partitions???

Please help!!!
-BeGiNnEr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: