SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Seal be ported to Pascal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Will Seal be ported to Pascal? Reply with quote

Hi 2 all

You're doing a GREAT job with the Seal project! But will Seal be ported to Pascal, to be compiled with the Free Pascal Compiler or Borland Pascal? IF so: when and where can I get the source? if not: why not? -=and=- where can i get a program that can successfully port Seal to pascal. I'm thinking of Starting my own version of Seal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAL will not be ported to Pascal, as, well, it's written in C and C++, and they are the languages which most of the programmers are familiar with. Also, C/C++ is more portable than Pascal in many ways, and in general, is, in my opinion, better.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Will Seal be ported to Pascal? Reply with quote

Frost wrote:
Hi 2 all

You're doing a GREAT job with the Seal project! But will Seal be ported to Pascal, to be compiled with the Free Pascal Compiler or Borland Pascal? IF so: when and where can I get the source? if not: why not? -=and=- where can i get a program that can successfully port Seal to pascal. I'm thinking of Starting my own version of Seal.

starting your own version of SEAL in pascal? big rewrite from the ground up, enjoy, or of course if you're an accomplished pascal programmer you could maybe learn C *shock horror*, it would be a far more valuable skill than that oddball thing they like to call pas.

a program that can port seal to pascal... *snigger*

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre crazy Allegro on Pascal? Geeeeezz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Frost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Not a very friendly reply!?

I was just asking. I once saw great gui's that where written in Pascal, which ran great on my machine(s). I lost all my links, and can't find their websites!? Odde, Nimex and System 2001 aren't that bad gui's, and they are all written in pascal.

Thanks 4 all your replies!!

PS: Why can't I get in to the chat rooms!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you would even get there, no one would be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Frost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be supprised how many people were interested in Nimex , an Exelent gui, a mix between the MacOS and Windoze. Fast, and stable!
Don't talk what u don't know! @ lukas13*something*. What eva.

If Seal was in pascal, I would make it the best dde/gui you've ever seen.

PS: Thanx 4 ya comment
lukas139

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost wrote:
You will be supprised how many people were interested in Nimex , an Exelent gui, a mix between the MacOS and Windoze. Fast, and stable!
Don't talk what u don't know! @ lukas13*something*. What eva.

PS: Thanx 4 ya comment

Ehm, I was talking about the chatrooms.
Frost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woopz! My mistake......sorry Mr Green
biggyp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost wrote:

if you can do that why bother with SEAL? why not write your own pascal based GUI?

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Programming Related All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: