SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is SEAL dead....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Is SEAL dead.... Reply with quote

is it?

E-Mail: DigitalBliss2003@cs.com
MSN: digitalbliss2003@hotmail.com
AIM: DigitalBliss2003

Questions? Contact Me!
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not.

I'm very sorry for not getting 2.00.12 out yet, there have been delays.. since i am the one sittingon the sourcecode... sorry mate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not a problem.. why dont you load what code you have into cvs?

Questions? Contact Me!
PathagenX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: If it is dead, then why are all these ppl here? Reply with quote

I think it is funny when they come into the forums, see all the posters and still ask that question. Icck.
R# 00000001
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then you wont mind me laughing at your Qube Seal Merger post then?

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That merger post shows quite a lot how much the poster knows about programming and how much effort that must go into such a thing. And to what purpose? Isn't it better to just write something stable and nifty from start? Then why haven't we done that with Seal? Well, I'll tell you, first of all, there's not many skilled programmer in this community, there are a few guys fiddling around with apps and such, but now a days there are hardly any that have real knowledge. That's the truth. Apparantly the ppl with knowledge went on to other projects or just installed Linux... or just don't have time... Earning money is quite necessary, but it takes time, and then you have to tend to your girl and then you have to tend to your friends and then you have to do some studying and then you have to check your mail and first after that, you may have some time over for programming stuff just for fun.... and at that point you have to decide wheter you want to try to get your mouse to work with vmware and then run into other problems or you just fire up jbuilder and starts doing something in Java...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JGX22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: ummm ... Reply with quote

I realize people don't have much time. I know I haven't been around. Actually got bored and decided to check out the newest Seal2 release. Disappointed there is none after ... what, a year now?

This is just a suggestion, but ... if the current maintainer of Seal2 can't spare much time on the project then why not give someone else that can spare that time a chance? It's either that or post on the home page that Seal2 is dead and if you'd like to see the next release, make it yourself
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the previous maintainer, _xduffy_, handed over to oyama26, who has promptly disapeared, i hope he comes back and does some coding, but i doubt it is likely...

david is the last one here who can do what needs doing i'm afraid.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that that you belive in me, but it is sad to hear that you think I'm the only one left...

Is that really true?
What happend to Owen? He is the only other guy in here I view as "senior" in Seal development. Except for the guys not active anymore like Kostas, tobbe_sn, julien and some more...

Isn't some newer guys still active like:
Lukas, w_w_n_u_k and Ryan?
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've done some sealdevelopment if I got my 486 laptop to work, but the HD is corrupt in some places *yuck*

I was offered to borrow an old pentium or something by a friend, so I will ask him today (if he comes back to work soon, 'cause i have to go the gym soon..)

I would really like to program some for Seal... Said it before and i keep itereating it

CYA l8er guys
orudge
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_xduffy_ wrote:
What happend to Owen? He is the only other guy in here I view as "senior" in Seal development.

I'm still here, just really busy, as usual.

Currently Playing (last time I was online, anyway):
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still visit these forums from time to time. Especially when Im really bored. Im working on different stuff right now - http://lukino.host.sk/ - check my blog.

BTW, You were right David - "some just installed Linux".

I MAY come back someday, but I really dont see it real soon
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Anyway, I'm having all this trouble with computers... i will get my old Seal development box back soon, since my parents decided to buy themselves a new computer, so I dont have to lend them mine anymore.... Hopefully then.....
oyama26
Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everyone. Sorry that I haven't been around. I went on vacation and in my haste to get everything in order, I forgot to mention to the forum that I would be out of town. I apologize for neglecting to tell everyone that I would be away, but I haven't disappeared. As for coding, that's not really what I'm here to do, but this has been discussed before. What I signed on for is to orchestrate the development of SEAL. I've stated in previous posts that I'm not as experienced with programming as I should be to make significant contributions to the code at this point. I have, however been actively attempting to recruit more programmers in an effort to get development rolling. In fact, a number of the latest forum members are people that I have recruited, but seem to have lost interest quickly or haven't begun working yet. Our current programmers are busy with other things right now, which I don't fault them at all for (we all have varied interests, and sometimes life happens, too), but I'm sure they'll have plenty to offer when the time is right. In the meantime, I will continue in my efforts to recruit new people. What we need to do is make new developers feel welcome and try to get them interested in what we are doing. If they're not interested, there's no incentive for them to devote a significant amount of time to development. Perhaps an email newsletter might help as a reminder to people who have become inactive that we're still here and their help is still needed. Anything that can be done to retain members is a good thing. So, to conclude this rambling post, I'm still here and expect to hear a lot from me in the near future and I'll be doing my best to pull us out of this slump and get things moving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iamryan2002

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Oyama Returns... Reply with quote

Nice to see you man.. you did dissapear quite suddenly..

Since i started the topic.. and it seems to be staying alive and well

As for my activity for SEAL.. consider it dead.. I no longer deal with software that is meant to be ran on a obsolete system.. unfortunatly.. it is true that DOS is no longer a thought.. but a memory..

So.. this is most likely the last post.. although i will always what little unknown or not cared for work i did here.. but.. what can i do..

Farewell.. Ryan

Questions? Contact Me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: