SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seal 2.00.12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Crighton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Seal 2.00.12 Reply with quote

So, to get back to the original question... What's going on with the 2.00.12 release? Compiled any releases yet? A possible pre-release or alpha? How about just releasing the sources or are the rest of the community not privy to this luxary?

The code is still open source isn't it?

If so, I respectfully request you send them to me via my email account.
pcrighton@myrealbox.com

Thanks and have a better day, peace
Paul Crighton

P.S. Don't take the above to heart, just would like a honest answer and access to the source code. It (above) isn't meant to be a flame or hostile responce or anything, so please don't take it that way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hush hush Paulie.

You dont need to be nrevous. You can get the sourcecode for 2.0.11 if you want. 2.0.12 doesnt even exsit so you cant know if it isnt somebodies own project and he doesnt have to release the sourcecode. Secondly he can ask you to pay for the sourcecod (not actually itself but for the connection fees)

If you want 2.0.12 program it, because actualy it doesnt even exist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.00.12 has a collection of new stuff, but, doesn't work as such yet, best be patient, or, as lukas says, program something yourself.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul Crighton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: I am surrounded by insecure, unmature children at this forum Reply with quote

Namely Lukas and BiggyP (period).

Who the hell do you think you are talking to Lukas, I ain't some little snot nosed kid, or punk down the street. You certainly don't know me, so whats up with the "Paulie" s***? You know when I speak to you I at least have the desency (sp?) to call you by your name, as an adult would. I mean after all when I speak to you, and if I called you Locus or B**ch or something else, wouldn't piss you off a bit???

As far as the sources go, you are correct in stating that whom ever the MAINTAINER is of the code that they indeed do not have to send me the code, I was merely asking for any updates to the pre-existing 2.00.11 code that they may have due to the fact that nothing has been release as an update for quit some time.

Paul Crighton
As far as contributing to the project in code form, I am currently still learning the ropes, but you more "mature and secure" programers wouldn't understand that; right? SO, PISS OFF YOU TWO... Unless you have something else you would like to contribute to this reply.

If anyone else read or reads this, I send you my sincerest appoligies for the vulgar language used in this post but that seems to be all that some people seem to understand. Again, I appoligise.
biggyp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: someone feeling insecure buddy? Reply with quote

Paul, what the hell did i do or say to offend you, i'm waiting patiently, i'm not able to program to the level i would need to in order to contribute, or i would, did i say anything unreasonable or childish, no;

Phil Harper wrote:
2.00.12 has a collection of new stuff, but, doesn't work as such yet, best be patient, or, as lukas says, program something yourself.

i simply explained that what lukas said wasn't entirely correct, and that the best thing to do is wait and see, the program something yourself bit wasn't meant as anything but a perfectly friendly suggestion.

Paul Crighton wrote:

Paul Crighton
As far as contributing to the project in code form, I am currently still learning the ropes, but you more "mature and secure" programers wouldn't understand that; right? SO, PISS OFF YOU TWO... Unless you have something else you would like to contribute to this reply.

well, i wouldn't disagree with the more mature bit, your response is positively infantile, as for being a more experienced more secure programmer, i am not.
and no, i certainly will not "PISS OFF".

Paul Crighton wrote:

If anyone else read or reads this, I send you my sincerest appoligies for the vulgar language used in this post but that seems to be all that some people seem to understand. Again, I appoligise.

you could try sending those same apologies to me, my post did not warant the kind of reply you gave, where did you get the impression that only unpleasant language would be understood, neither myself, nor lukas used any bad language, you are alone in the use of such words, this really doesn't reflect well on you.

i speak for myself, lukas will, i'm sure, post his own rebutal to your comments.

Gallery

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, forgot the bright red disclaimer section that you seem to insist on posting after any rant you make

so here goes:

if you are not Paul Crighton and stupid enough to not realise that the response above is not intended for you then please go away and play in the road.
[/b]

Gallery

_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I think it's time to calm this down...

Anyway, I have the sources yes. And you can't force me to release them right now, in that respect Lukas is right.

But I will put them into cvs sometime soon, the problem you see is that I have a big exam on monday, and I have a lot to study...

I am sorry that I haven't been able to do a lot of development, I thought I would have time, and I have done some stuff, but I would liked to do more... Anyway, the sources will be at everyones beloved sourceforge.

And please stop using that kind of language you used Paul, I am very surprised to hear this kind of speach from you. 'cause I can't recall that you've used this kind of non-articulate style before...
biggyp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me is calm now.....

Gallery

lukas139

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, bravo. :Claps his hands:

I dont know what to say... or know what i would say but i can still control myself.
ganesh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...

Why dont you guys compete on technical merit. I don't mind flaming on technical points (like on the Linux kernel).

_xduffy_: What piece do you not understand. I should be able to help you out, ofcourse not as well as the original coders, but I've looked enough into the code.

Basically, you need a very good understanding of data structures (linked lists especially).
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganesh: What piece is it that I don't understand??? Im sorry, but I don't know what you are referring to. It's not something in this thread anyway..
ganesh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_xduffy_: What ever is stopping you from making the next release. I don't know
poundsmack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so will a new release of seal ever come out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggyp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i hope there will be, but it means people need to have some spare time on their hands

Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: