SEAL Forum Index SEAL
The SEAL Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SEAL does not finish loading.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
split

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: SEAL does not finish loading. Reply with quote

Hi. I am having the same problem as an earlier poster. My SEAL application loads about 3/4 of the way and then I get a line on the top and bottom of the screen. When I checked out my seal.dbg file I noticed I was getting the same thing: SFA Initialization Error: Cannot initialize sound card. Insufficient digital voices available. I have tried disabling a lot of things in the registry but I still have the same problem. I got it to work once under safemode but now It won't. Any ideas (despite my unspecific problems) would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to possibly developing some applications for SEAL and hope I can get it running correctly.
split

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: eeek Reply with quote

Nevermind! I fixed the problem by running ctmouse . Thank you for providing such a nice windowing system.
split

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: bah!!!! Reply with quote

Well I was wrong. I got SEAL up and running but after I used it for like 2 minutes I got a line on the top of the screen and I had to reboot. This happens every time. I am using an 800mhz intel celeron processor, intel video card, and FreeDOS 8. I don't know if that information is sufficient so if you need any more information let me know.
_xduffy_
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if it should crash just beacause of SFA... anyone else got a clue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lukas139

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try excluding the sfa xdls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
split

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: almost there Reply with quote

Disabling the SFA drivers did stop it from crashing at run time. I have eliminated all problems through the registry except I cannot exit. Everytime I click the shut down button I get that line at the top of my screen and the system totally hangs. I can't send any of the files from the computer running FreeDOS because it's non-internet and this computer (laptop) doesn't have a floppy drive. I'm out of options there unless you have a question about a specific line.
alicdima

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: how is this done? Reply with quote

How would I exclude the sfa xdls? is that done through regedit? how exactly?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SEAL Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: